This two-year Regional formation program will focus on deepening participants’ understanding of De La Salle’s story and vision, Lasallian pedagogy, the Lasallian promotion of justice and Lasallian spirituality while utilizing contemporary texts to inform and influence current and future Lasallian practice.
This program is designed for Lasallians (Brothers and Partners) who exercise mission influence and/or show potential for such in the future. Participants will engage in prayer, study, reflection and dialogue that will provide an opportunity for assisting in more deeply animating our shared mission on the local level and within the broader Lasallian Family. Upon completion of the program graduates will:
- articulate the Lasallian mission for the 21st century in creative fidelity to the founding story,
- honor the priority of educational service of the poor with the proclamation of the Gospel as our mission and promote a life of faith, especially among the young (Circular 469, 3.12),
- explore, both personally and communally, their spiritual and vocational journey, within the context of the mission,
- possess a working knowledge of the history and organization of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools,
- possess a working knowledge of contemporary Lasallian and relevant educational, social and Church documents to inform and influence current and future Lasallian practice,
- demonstrate an increased awareness of and responsibility for animating and sustaining the Lasallian mission at the local level, and
- associate intentionally for mission with the broader Lasallian family.