The Brother John Johnston Institute of Contemporary Lasallian Practice focuses on our Lasallian heritage in light of contemporary realities.
Utilizing contemporary texts to address the signs and issues of our times, the Brother John Johnston Institute of Contemporary Lasallian Practice will engage participants in reflection and discussion on several critical areas of the Lasallian Educational Mission. The thematic areas to be covered by this program will be:
- Lasallian Story and Vision
- Lasallian Educational Service to the Poor and the Promotion of Justice
- Lasallian Spirituality, Vocation and Association
There will be a capstone written portfolio expected of all participants, which integrates the participant’s learning and proposes applications in their local ministry. Upon completion of the Brother John Johnston Institute of Contemporary Lasallian Practice participants will leave with:
- The ability to articulate Lasallian Spirituality and Charism including cultural themes, values, and markers. (History of the Founder, Contemporary Lasallian Documents, Discernment, etc.)
- The ability to understand and articulate their Lasallian vocational commitment. (Critical reflection on their own ministry)
- A sense of accountability to and responsibility for the Lasallian educational community at the local level.
- The ability to animate and energize interest and involvement of members of their local ministry faculty and staff in formation activities around Lasallian Charism and Spirituality such as values and mission in their local context.
- An appreciation for the depth and richness of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools and the vast network of Lasallian Ministries and ministers throughout the Region and world.
This program will be conducted on a two year cycle, from March 2014 through March 2016. The cost will be $2,350 per person the second year. There are three remaining in-person gatherings (two by District; one Regionally) and two remaining online sessions. (The online sessions will occur before and after the Regional Gathering each summer.) Each District program will run Thursday – Sunday. The summer Regional Gatherings will run Sunday – Friday. The online portion of the program will utilize technology in an interactive format appropriate for adult learners.