* Registration is now closed. *
Due to the popularity of this year’s Huether Lasallian Conference, rooms at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside are no longer available at the discounted group rate, but a limited number of rooms are available. Click here for a list of alternate accommodations. Please contact Michele Beauboeuf at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Come to New Orleans for the 2013 Huether Lasallian Conference! The 40th anniversary conference will take place Thursday, November 21 – Saturday, November 23, 2013 with the theme Meaningful Instruction: Living Lasallian Pedagogy. Dynamic speakers will inspire participants with their commitment to education through their tireless work of providing meaningful instruction to all children, especially the poor. Speakers include:
- Jonathan Kozol, educator, activist, and National Book Award-winning author of Savage Inequalities, Death at an Early Age, The Shame of the Nation, and Amazing Grace, among others. He has been working with children in inner-city schools for nearly 50 years. His new book, Fire in the Ashes, was released August 28, 2012.
- Dr. Ruby Payne, author, speaker, publisher, career educator, and founder of aha! Process which focuses on building high-achieving schools and prosperous communities. She is recognized internationally for A Framework for Understanding Poverty, her foundational book and workshop, and has helped students and adults of all economic backgrounds achieve academic, professional, and personal success.
- Bro. Robert Bimonte, FSC, president of the National Catholic Educational Association, the largest private professional education organization in the world, representing 150,000 Catholic educators serving 6 million students. He has conducted numerous retreats and workshops on a wide variety of topics, including collaborative learning, the power of myth, transformational leadership, and brain-compatible learning. His work in brain-compatible learning has been recognized by the Hewlett/Packard Foundation.
Breakout sessions will focus on important trends and issues in assessment, curriculum, best teaching practices, technology and policies surrounding the 4Cs. The conference will conclude with a banquet honoring the Region’s Distinguished Lasallian Educators. Click the links below for more information!
• Breakout Session Descriptions
• Conference Information for Participants
Questions? Contact Michele Beauboeuf, Event Planner, at email@example.com or 202-529-0047.